2013年3月19日星期二

Professional advices for non-immigration visa application from immigration law firms


If you are negotiating oil leases with the Saudi government or facing a $100 million complex class action lawsuit with 200 witnesses in 200 cities, then by all means hire a big firm. That's what they're for. But too often, small businesses hire a firm for prestige or in the mistaken belief that it will intimidate the opposition. That's a horrible waste of money.
In fact, like most good China law firm, I am thrilled to go up against a top firm. First and foremost, that's because I know exactly how they will handle a case. They will be smart and thorough, but entirely predictable. They will be cordial, collegial and they will play fair. And they will be charging an arm and a leg, which gives my client a huge leg up in the settlement dance.
That's not to say there's not a lot of creativity and legal talent in those skyscrapers. It's just that those resources are mostly going to bigger clients who spend millions annually-and certainly not to the cases worth less than a million dollars.
On the other side, I am here. I do my own research. There are no memos, politics, or people pleasing--and I come to the answer in two hours at my computer. With rates far less expensive than what they billed for me at the big firm, the savings are enormous and the result is better tailored to the case. Small business law firm is a better choice for small business.

没有评论:

发表评论